- RSS Channel Showcase 6083812
- RSS Channel Showcase 9392762
- RSS Channel Showcase 9423545
- RSS Channel Showcase 2511007
- 04/11/18--08:28: New Lamond-Riggs Library to be Built
- 05/11/18--12:15: Meet Luna
- 06/15/18--08:27: Hiking the Appalachian Trail
The design process for the new Lamond-Riggs Library will begin this summer. Click here to learn more about this exciting project.
Luna is a P.A.L. (People. Animals. Love.) volunteer and visits the Lamond-Riggs Library when she can. Here are 10 fun facts about Luna: 1. Luna loves belly rubs. 2. She also loves cheese. 3. Luna is a husky, which means she loves to talk or howl along. 4. Luna likes to frolic in the waves but doesn't like to swim.
Throughout history, the forest and the wilderness symbolize the unknown, both in physical and spiritual terms. These books about hiking the Appalachian Trail, both fiction and nonfiction, deal with our desire to explore and navigate the wilderness, to find out truths about ourselves, such as do we have the stamina and conviction to finish our goal of hiking the trail; and perhaps, to live vicariously through the lives of others.